Section B of the Key Concepts examination requires you to write an essay about the relationship between media institutions and audiences, focussing on one particular area of the media. In your case, this will be the British Film Industry. After you have answered the question on the TV Drama extract, you should have 45 minutes to answer this question.
The OCR Media Studies Syllabus says:
You should be prepared to understand and discuss the processes of production, distribution, marketing and exchange as they relate to contemporary media institutions, as well as the nature of audience consumption and the relationships between audiences and institutions. In addition, you should be familiar with:
- the issues raised by media ownership in contemporary media practice;
- the importance of cross media convergence and synergy in production, distribution and marketing;
- the technologies that have been introduced in recent years at the levels of production, distribution, marketing and exchange;
- the significance of proliferation in hardware and content for institutions and audiences;
- the importance of technological convergence for institutions and audiences;
- the issues raised in the targeting of national and local audiences (specifically, British) by international or global institutions;
- the ways in which your own experiences of media consumption illustrate wider patterns and trends of audience behaviour.